- 3, medium sized chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 strips of turkey bacon bacon
- 1 cup half and half (half cream mixed with half milk, for a lighter cream)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add whole chicken breasts and sear both sides until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat and set aside. When the chicken breasts are cool to touch, remove from pan, slice and set aside.
2. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same pan. Add garlic, paprika, Italian Seasoning, diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook bacon in a separate pan until crispy. When cooked, remove from the pan, chop and set aside.
4. In the tomato and chicken broth skillet, stir in cream, mozzarella cheese and spinach. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Add the sliced chicken breast and chopped bacon to the sauce, give it a quick stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately over rice, pasta or veggies noodles, enjoy!