Introducing…She Lifts Over 40!!
A personalized fitness coaching experience designed to give you the CONFIDENCE and KNOWLEDGE you need to safely and effectively incorporate strength training into your exercise routine, to help decrease body fat, build muscle tone, balance hormones, and improve mobility, giving you the toned, lean and fit over 40 look you desire.
In perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause our muscles begin to progressively degenerate, aka Sarcopenia. This happens when our bodies begin to produce less of the amount of proteins our muscles need to grow, which causes our muscle cells to get smaller – which leads to loss of muscle tone and firmness, the appearance of cellulite, and a decrease in metabolism causing weight gain.
In addition, we begin to experience a change in certain hormones — like testosterone and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) — which affects our muscle fibers, and can lead to muscle weakness, poor balance, and a loss of stamina.
The good news is that there are several ways to prevent this from happening.
The BEST way, no matter your age, is STRENGTH TRAINING, in particular Progressive Resistance Training (PRT).
With PRT, you gradually increase your workout volume—weight, reps, and sets—as your strength and endurance improve. This constant challenging builds muscle and keeps you from plateauing.
When it comes to weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight as we age, we need to incorporate a MINDSET SHIFT here towards prioritizing strength training.
The focus needs to change from weight loss to fat loss, and towards an increase in lean muscle mass.
Often when women are trying to lose weight they restrict calories and over exercise with cardio. This often results in increased levels of stress hormones, inflammation and muscle loss. Most often when women lose weight quickly they are losing muscle mass and water. Long term this is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of the goal you should have.
If your goal is weight loss, and healthy weight management in your 40, 50’s, and beyond your focus should be on Muscle Development and Prevention.
Weight training exercise is the key to building lean muscle mass and changing the shape of your body as you age.
Cardio is NOT going to cut your waistline, despite what you may have been told in the past.
Incorporating strength training into your weekly exercise routine a few days a week even three, 30 minute sessions can have a profound impact on your metabolism, hormonal health, and weight loss, giving you the toned, lean and fit over 40 look you desire.
(you have 2 options to choose from)
How It Works & What's Included4 Week Commitment
- Select an in-person training time that works best for you. Option A: Mondays & Wednesdays at 6:00pm OR Option B: Mondays & Wednesdays at 7:00pm. *** SEPTEMBER ENROLLMENT CURRENTLY FULL ***
- We will meet at a local gym, twice a week for 4 weeks. Each session is 60 minutes. Location: Reps Fitness on 92 Elizabeth Ave. St. John’s. You DO NOT need a Reps membership to participate in this program.
- Upon enrollment you will receive a Client Information Questionnaire to complete prior to your first session, PLUS a link to book a 30-minute private consultation call so I can design the best exercise program for you based on your goals and current fitness level.
- Show-up for your first of our eight sessions together. During these sessions I will walk you through each exercise in your workout plan to ensure you know how to do them safely and effectively. I will teach you how to select the correct weight for each exercise, proper lifting techniques, as well as offer any additional tweaks to your plan to ensure it is customized to your specific goals, fitness level and any possible limitations or injuries.
- At the end of the 4 weeks you will receive a hard copy + a digital copy of your customized strength training workouts, complete with cardio guidelines and a weekly exercise schedule to follow.
How It Works & What's Included4 Week Commitment
- Select a virtual meeting time that works best for you. Option A: Mondays at 8:00pm OR Option B: Wednesdays at 8:00pm.
- We will meet LIVE on Zoom once a week for 4 weeks. Each session is 45 minutes.
- Upon enrollment you will recieve a Client Information Questionaire to complete prior to your first session, and a link to book a 30-minute private consulation call so I can design the best exercise program for you based on your goals and currnet fitness level.
- Show-up for your first of our four LIVE sessions together. During these sessions I will walk you through each exercise in your workout plan to ensure you know how to do them safely and effectively. I will teach you how to select the correct weight for each exercise, proper lifting techniques, as well as offer any additional tweaks to your plan to ensure it is customized to your specific goals, fitness level and any possible limitations or injuries.
- At the end of the 4 weeks you will recieve a digital copy of your customized strength training workouts, complete with cardio guidlines and a weekly exercise schedule to follow.
If you’re ready to add some strength training to your exercise routine this Fall, then grab your September Spot TODAY!
If you’re committed to making a change, and you have a specific health, fitness or weight loss goal that you want to achieve, don’t waste anymore time struggling on your own, join me in-person OR on-line and lets smash your fitness and fat loss goals together!!
Meet Your Coach!
Hi I’m Coach Courtney, CEO & Founder of Love Yourself Lean Intl.
I’m also a 45 year old mother of two, ages 10yrs and 8yrs, a women’s wellness & weight loss coach and nutrition & hormone expert. I’m so glad you’re here!
I have spent the past 16 years coaching women locally as a fitness studio owner and virtually through my on-line coaching programs, giving them the tools and support they need to replace self-sacrifice and self-neglect with self-care and self-love! Helping them build a healthy foundation to enjoy life-long weight loss success.
My mission is to empower you with the education you need to embrace tangible, practical and powerful daily habits and routines so that you can be healthier, happier and more productive than you ever thought was possible.
I believe that when you make wellness and loving self-care a priority, it creates a ripple effect of positivity that benefits all areas of your life (ie. family, relationships, career, etc.).
I am deeply committed to teaching you how you CAN transform your body, your health and your life in a way that is BOTH successful and sustainable.
~ Coach Courtney