Cake Batter Chia Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream
– 6 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (plus more for blending)
– 6-8 medjool dates, pitted + well-chopped
– 1/4 cup almond butter
– 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
– 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao nibs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
For the topping:
– 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
– 2-4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
– 1/2 – 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– Stir chia seeds with the milk in a bowl and add the dates, almond butter, and oats. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (3-4 hrs preferred or overnight).
– Scoop the mixture in your blender with the cacao nibs, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Add a splash of milk and blend until fully smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed (slowly) to keep the pudding as thick as possible.
– Taste and add 1/2 teaspoon more vanilla extract if desired and few more small drops of almond extract. For more sweetness blend in more chopped dates (soaked for easier blending). Refrigerate in a sealed container until chilled.
-While chilling, open the can of coconut milk and scrape off the solid white layer (about 1/2 way into the can). Avoid scooping any of the liquid. Place in a metal mixing bowl and beat with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until fluffy. Add more maple + vanilla if desired. Chill until ready to use and whisk before serving.
-Serve pudding with coconut whipped cream on top and sprinkling of cacao beans.
– Keep extra sealed in the fridge for 3-4 days.