Home-style Chicken Noodle Soup
There is just something about a bowl of warm chicken noodle soup that makes you feel instantly better. The next time you are a loved one comes down with a cold, serve up a bowl of this delicious soup, it’s guaranteed to satisfy and warm the soul.
1 tbsp. avocado oil
1 tbsp. butter
2 medium carrots, peeled then sliced 1/2-inch-thick
1 stalk celery, sliced 1/2-inch-thick
1/2 small onion, chopped
Sea salt and pepper
2 tsp. minced garlic
8 cups low sodium chicken broth
1, 4oz chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
8oz brown rice spaghetti, broken into pieces
2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Heat avocado oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add carrots, celery, and onions, season with salt and pepper and sauté until tender, 10 minutes. Add garlic then sauté for 1 more minute.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to boiling chicken broth along with pasta.
5. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally until chicken and pasta is cooked through.
6. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.