Cranberry Almond Granola Bars
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, cranberries, chia seeds and protein powder. Add maple syrup and honey
3. Stir powerfully until everything is thoroughly mixed. At first, it will seem too dry – continue stirring and it will eventually blend. If not add a splash of unsweetened almond milk and continue to mix well.
4. Spray an 8 x 11 inch baking dish with oil, then press the mixture into eh dish. It helps to spray the back of the spoon you’re using with oil as well.
5. The mixture should extend to all corners evenly, and it should be about 1-inch thick.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over-bake, these bars can turn dry very quickly if left in the over too log.
7. Cut into bars while slightly warm and soft. Let cool v=before storing in plastic wrap. Can be frozen to enjoy later.