Pecan Oat Crust:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Chocolate Pumpkin Filling:
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup can pureed pumpkin
1 cup 70% cacao dark chocolate chips
4 tbsp. tapioca starch/flour
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Optional Toppings: Cacao powder, toasted coconut, glazed pecans (pick your favorite)
FOR THE CRUST:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place an 8 to 10 inch removable bottom tart tin on large baking sheet.
2. In a food processor, blend together oats, almonds, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until a coarse meal forms.
3. Pulse in coconut oil until fully combined and a loose dough is formed.
4. Firmly press dough into tart tin. Be sure to press crust up the sides of the tart tin.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate until filling is ready.
FOR THE FILLING:
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin puree, chocolate chips, tapioca starch, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sea salt.
2. Whisk constantly until chocolate is melted (about 8 to 10 minutes). You want the filling to be smooth and creamy without big lumps. So keep whisking until the mixture begins to thicken and large bubbles start to form.
3. Remove saucepan from heat and leave to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, whisk filling one more time to ensure the mixture is nice and smooth and pour into cooled crust.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set. Or you can make this the night before and leave overnight in the fridge.
5. Before you are ready to serve, garnish with cacao powder, toasted coconut flakes or chopped nuts.