- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup shallots, diced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into ¼ inch piece
- 6 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare 12 silicone muffin holders on a baking sheet, or grease a 12 cup muffin tin with oil and set aside.
- In a medium skillet add the olive oil, shallots, sea salt and black pepper over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the smoked salmon and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Divide the salmon mixture between the 6 ramekins.In a large bowl combine the eggs, egg whites, coconut cream and half of the
chives. Whisk until fully blended.
- Pour mixture into silicone cups or muffin tins, dividing equally, and bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs have set and muffins are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, garnish with the remaining chives, and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Or refrigerate and re-heated in a microwave the next day.