Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Makes 8-10 monster sized cookies
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ½ cup 100% natural maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats (3-5 minute kind – gluten free if you can)
- ¼ cup almond flower
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins ( or ¼ cup of each)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with olive oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together banana, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, ground flax, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Stir in dried fruit.
- Using a 1/8-cup measuring spoon, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using a plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten and spread each mound of dough to a 2¾-inch round and about ½ inch thick.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or re-sealable plastic bag for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months; thaw before serving.
Mackenzie and Nathan Approved!!!