Chocolate Brownie Muffins
Hands down these are the BEST chocolate muffins you will ever enjoy…guilt-free!!
They are so moist and chocolatey that you can ever serve them as a dessert.
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup cacao
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar (or natural sweetener that measures like sugar)
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (70% cacao or higher) or Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone or foil liners.
- Add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to a large blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the muffin mixture into a bowl and gently stir in ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Divide muffin mixture among 12 muffin cups. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and distribute the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top of the muffins. Place them back into the oven and back for an additional 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make sure the muffins are completely cool before removing them from the pan.
Yields: 12 Muffins