Dark Chocolate Truffles
5 oz. dark chocolate
1 medium avocado, mashed
2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
2 ½ tbsp. cacao powder (separate for rolling)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (separate for rolling) – optional
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate until completely smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- In a small bowl mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible, stir in sugar and salt. Add to melted chocolate mixture and stir until smooth and thickened. Place in the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove chilled mixture from refrigerator. Scoop about one tablespoon chocolate mixture with a spoon, and roll into a ball. Repeat the procedure with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place truffles on a pan lined with parchment paper,
- Place cacao powder and/or coconut flakes in small bowl, and roll each truffle into the cacao or coconut to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.