Asian Chicken Edamame Salad
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
For the Salad
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups tricolored coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Mix the garlic, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, oil, almond butter, honey and ginger in a small bowl. Continue to stir until the almond butter is dissolved. Set aside.
Place chicken, edamame, bell pepper, carrots and coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Add the dressing to the salad and combine until the salad is fully coated.
Add in the cilantro and mix again. Sprinkle green onions and toasted almonds on top if desired.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.
Yields: 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
120 Calories / 1 g fat / 12 g carbs / 2 g fibre / 2 g sugar / 14 g protein