Chewy Banana Granola Bars
Make it nut-free: Swap the almonds and walnuts for more sunflower, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds.
Yields: 16 bars
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (approx. 8.5″ x 12.5″) and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Using hands press mixture down until smooth until even.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm and lightly golden along the edge.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- When mixture has completely cooled slice into bars.
Looking for more Allergy-Friendly Back to School Snack Recipes that the whole family can enjoy, checkout: