Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut-free milk alternative like Hemp, Coconut, or Rice)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or 6 Medjool dates
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- Place in blender and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. Sweeten with maple syrup or dates to taste.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
For more Allergy-Friendly Back-to-School Snacks recipes that the whole family can enjoy checkout:
Sesame Flatbread Crackers and Hummus