Going on a low carb diet has many health benefits, and can be highly effective at eliminating visceral fat, or belly fat, the most dangerous type of body fat that surrounds your internal organs such as the liver, pancreas and intestines. There are so many speculations, thoughts and options on whether low carb diets are effective for weight loss.
Hopefully today’s blog post will provide some clarity for you and help you decide if it’s time for YOU to go LOW CARB!
What Exactly Is A Low Carb Diet?
A low carb diet is a style of eating where carbohydrates are drastically or significantly, cut from the diet, and in the strictest plans, like the Ketogenic diet, carb intake is limited to non-starchy vegetables and some dairy. When ones diet contains fewer carbohydrates, the body no longer gets its energy from the glucose they produce and instead begins to burn fat for energy. Starch and sugar carbohydrates are substituted with healthy fats and a moderate protein intake. Sugar, pastries, pasta, bread, cereal, beans, or any other starches are no longer allowed, as you will indulge vegetables, fatty foods such as butter, fatty fish, oils and some dairy along with eggs, steak, chicken, seafood and other protein sources.
How Does It Aid Weight Loss?
1. Triggers Ketosis: Eating a low carb diet triggers a process known as ketosis, which is where the body begins to burn fat for energy instead of dietary carbs, which is a very efficient way to burn fat stores and lose weight. Curious about the Keto Diet? Considering Keto to lose weight? Check out my 28-Day CLEAN Keto Challenge. Our next round starts on Monday, May 13th.
2. Eliminates water weight: People who have gone on low carb diet typically lose quite a bit of weight in the first two weeks, likely, this occurs when water that is tied to glycogen comes off the body and is actually a quite encouraging event that supports the continuation of a healthy lifestyle.
3. Eliminates insulin trigger foods: Starch and sugar carbs are insulin triggers that cause blood sugar spikes that lead to weight gain. While on a low carb diet, these insulin triggers are eliminated so the body can burn fat instead of storing it.
4. They are high in protein: Protein helps keep you full and satisfied so you naturally eat less, it also helps to increase lean muscle mass that promotes fat burning. This is one of the factors that make low carb diets effective.
5. Regulates the appetite and naturally reduces calorie intake: A low carb diet naturally regulates the appetite because all those insulin triggers foods that wreak havoc in the blood stream to cause erratic hunger and out of control cravings are eliminated.
When people embark on a low carb diet, their appetite significantly drops naturally, and they naturally feel satisfied with less food, resulting in weight loss as they naturally eat less calories and without suffering and starvation.
Are Low Carb Diets Safe?
This is a frequently asked question, which is common amongst people wanting to embark on a low carb journey.
The low carb experience is not for everyone, though it is followed by thousands of people around the world, without any problems.
It may have side effects for some, while others may experience nothing. Usually any side effects are short lived.
In general, statics and research shows low carb dietsto be highly effective for weight loss, and to also reduce risks for cardiovascular disease better than low fat eating plans.
Make sure you understand what a particular low carb diet has to offer before choosing it.
In conclusion, low carb diets aids weight loss by triggering ketosis, a metabolic state where the body uses stored fat as its source of energy.
Low carb diets also do a great job of regulating appetite and naturally allow those following them to eat less, while feeling satisfied and this is another one of the main reasons that the weight loss is so strong and visible.
Low carb diets are not fads, but lifestyles that have helped thousands of people reverse obesity and improve their health. It may just do the same for you.
If you like to explore whether a low carb diet is right for you, click the like below to book a FREE Discovery Call with me. Together we’ll discuss your goals, review your current health profile and lifestyle habits to determine if following a low carb diet is right for you.
OR, if you already know that you’re ready to give low carb dieting a try, I’m inviting you to join me for my 28-Day CLEAN Keto Challenge that starts on Monday, May 13th. CLICK HERE to get all the details and to enroll.
Together, let me teach you how to unlock the power of food to help you successfully lose weight, heal your body, prevent disease and achieve optimal health.
Book your FREE Discovery Call TODAY!