Hello Cookin’ Clean & Lean Enthusiasts!
Today for Taste It Thursday we have two deliciously chewy and very moreish treats for you to try. I enjoyed these yesterday with a cup if Irish Cream flavour coffee and it was the PERFECT afternoon treat.
Honestly, these are my new favorite LYL Treat Recipes. You REALLY must try them.
Remember to always leave me a comment below. Thank you!
Happy LYL Approved Baking! 🙂
Cocoa Chia Cranberry Cookies
(Makes 30 cookies)
¾ cup softened unsalted butter
¾ cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cup almond flour/meal
1 cup chia seeds
4 tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until well incorporated, then fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- With a tablespoon, drop dough onto parchment paper, a couple of inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
Total Fat: 10.1g
Total Carbs: 12.1g
Dietary Fibre: 3.0g
Hearty Hemp Apricot Energy Balls
(Makes 18 balls)
12 Large dates, pitted and soaked in water
2 tbsp of water
3 tbsp sunflower seed butter
3 tbsp raw honey
4 tbsp Hemp protein (or another vegan protein of your choice)
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup gluten free whole rolled oats
12 dried apricots fined diced
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a food processor, combine dates and water until well blended. Then add sunflower seed butter and honey and pulse until thick paste forms.
- Add hemp protein, pulse a few more times, and then add almonds and oats. Continue to pulse, taking breaks to scrape the sides of processor until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer paste into bowl, and add diced apricots.
- With your hands roll into small 1 inch balls. Then, roll balls in coconut to cover.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
Total Fat: 4.8g
Total Carbs: 13g
Dietary Fibre: 2.1g