Top Secret Fat-Burning Food # 2 – Coconut Oil
The past few years coconut oil has been the latest health craze, getting all sorts of publicity for the long list of nutritional benefits this powerful oil has on the body. In the weight loss world, coconut oil is highly respected as THE BEST weight loss friendly fat because of its ability to boost metabolism and burn away fat. How so?
Coconut oil is made up of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are a unique combination of fatty acids that promotes the production of healthy hormones, improves digestion, reduces stress and anxiety, increases energy, and helps burn away stubborn fat stores around the belly, waist and thighs. Most foods contain predominantly long-chain fatty acids, but coconut oil is metabolized differently because the MCT are sent straight to the liver from the digestive tract and used for energy right away. So this chain of fatty acids actually fuels your energy to burn all that nasty stubborn adipose fat hanging around and weighing you down. Pretty awesome eh?!
This is not my original recipe, but I love it so much that I had to share! If you like coconut then this will become of one of your favourite go to recipes that are simple and easy to make! A sweet treat, with ZERO guilt!
Coconut Cacao Bites – (makes 12 balls)
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Meal (Coconut Flakes ground in a blender to make a fine consistency meal)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for added flavour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flakes or enough to roll all the balls in. (can also use hempseeds or sesame seeds for more healthy, protein packed choices)
- Mix all ingredients (expect coconut flakes) together in a bowl with a spoon until well combined. 2. Roll the chocolate coconut mixture into balls. 3. Roll the balls into coconut flakes.