Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites
These are SO simple and make the perfect finger food for a kids birthday party
or as an appetizer at your next party.
Makes 48 mini muffin sized bites
12 oz. gluten-free rice gluten-free elbow elbow macaroni
5 oz. of garlic and herb cheese
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. organic unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cups dairy-free milk (almond or rice works best)
1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
pinch sea salt and pepper
For the crust:
2 cups gluten-free, crisp puff-rice cereal, slightly crushed
6 tbsp. organic unsalted butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 mini muffin tins with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Melt 6 tbsp. of butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, mix in crushed puff-rice cereal and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Press about 1 tsp. of crumb mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup. Press down until firmly packed. Crust should come up a little on the sides.
- Prepare macaroni noodles. Cook in salted boiling water until a few minutes shy of al dente. When done, strain and then place in a large bowl. Add the herbed cheese, cheddar cheese, milk, eggs, butter, and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until cheese is melted and no large clumps remain.
- Spoon about 2 tsp. of cheesy pasta mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit at least 10 minutes. If you try to remove them before that, they will crumble as you take them out.
- After 10 minutes, run a knife around the edges and then gently remove each one.
- Serve warm.
Delicious!!! Enjoy xo