Baked Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
Fresh lemon adds a beautiful, citrus taste to this oatmeal; a great compliment to the plump and sweet blueberries.
Yields: 4 Servings
1 cup Gluten Free quick oats
2 tbsps. oat bran cereal
2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
zest from a whole lemon and juice
from a whole lemon
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 whole egg
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup fresh blueberries, extra for garnish
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375‹F.
2. In a medium bowl add oats, oat bran and ground flax seeds and whole seeds.
3. Zest the peel of one whole lemon and add to dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together zest & juice of the lemon,
maple syrup, almond extract, egg and almond milk.
5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir well. Fold in blueberries.
6. Spray four 5.oz ramekins with olive oil and equally divide the oatmeal mixture
between the four dishes. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and additional blueberries.
7. Bake for 15.20 minutes or until a tooth- pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
8. Top with milk or yogurt. Serve warm, or store in fridge to be reheated later.