Papaya Coconut Flat Belly Smoothie
DID YOU KNOW? Papaya contains the enzyme papain, which is great for digestion, de-bloating and is also known for its anti inflammatory properties.
Combined with a plant-based protein powder this recipe gives your gorgeous body satisfying fuel with tons of skin glowing antioxidants.
- 1/2 cup fresh papaya, chopped
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup coconut water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- If you like a thinner texture for your smoothie add more coconut water. Or if your love a thicker texture add extra ice cubes.
Do you need Protein Powder?
Douglas Laboratories, Ultra Protein Plus is the powder powder I personally use and recommend to my clients. It comes in two flavours Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Almond.
Why I LOVE and recommend this brand of Protein Powder?
It’s a nutritionally fortified protein drink that is a rich source of all the indispensable amino acids essential to health, as well as 25% of the nutrition provided by Douglas Laboratories’ Ultra Preventive ® III, a multi-vitamin/mineral dietary supplement.
PLUS…its source of protein is from yellow peas, a low allergenic source that contains no genetically modified plant tissue and is pesticide, lactose and gluten free.
Confused about protein powder and what to know what type is best for you? Make sure to READ my blog post ==> Protein Powder: Banish the confusion once and for all